Readiness to Open Meeting- ROM
On the 11th June The Mendip School had its Readiness to Open Meeting. This took place at the Department of Education in London. The meeting was to determine if The Mendip School would be ready to open in September 2015, based on a number of different areas such as teaching, curriculum, governance and leadership. The information provided to the DfE and the outcomes of the meeting are judged according to a traffic light system, red, amber and green. The Mendip School received all green and amber meaning the School is ready to open!
On the 12th of June The Mendip School had its Pre-Opening Ofsted. During this inspection Ofsted make a judgement based on;
- Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils,
- Welfare, health and safety of pupils
- Suitability of staff, supply staff, and proprietors
- Premises of and accommodation of schools
- Provision of information
- Manner in which complaints are handled
The Mendip School has achieved in all sections with a recommendation that the School ‘is likely to meet all’
The governors and staff are all really pleased at achieving success with both The ROM and the Ofsted.