The Mendip School Outreach Support Service
Summary of what we do:
The fundamental aim of the ‘Service’ is to support the inclusion of mainstream students with special educational needs. Within this there is an emphasis on improving outcomes for these young people within school and beyond and providing staff with the support to be confident in their approach to pupils with additional needs.
Free Support Offer:
- Complete referral form
- Observation and strategy/solution visit
- Follow up visit.
Please contact our outreach team for a referral form.
Bookable Training (Staff meetings/inset days)
- Introduction to Autism
- Autism friendly techniques in the mainstream classroom.
- Girls and Autism
- The principals of Speech and Language
- Sensory Processing
- Introduction to Thrive
- Support with Transition from classes/schools.
- Supporting parents
- Emotion coaching
- Positive behaviour strategies.
For more information regarding course information/costs please contact our Outreach email.
Outreach resource packages
- ASD support package
- Social story package
- Speech and Language support package
- Transition support package
For more information regarding what is included in the package/costs please contact our Outreach email.