Summary of what we do:
The fundamental aim of The Mendip School Outreach Service is to support the inclusion of mainstream students with special educational needs. Within this there is an emphasis on improving outcomes for these young people within their school setting and beyond and providing staff with the support to be confident in their approach to pupils with additional needs.
Free Support Offer:
- Complete referral form
- Observation visit and strategy/solution report
- Follow up visit.
For referrals please click here for SENDCo / Inclusion Lead / Senior Leadership Team use only
The Form and further information can also be accessed here sen se outreach
Levels of service
Level 1 (our free baseline service) is an observation visit and strategy/solution report with a follow up impact visit.
Further Level 2 and 3 support packages can be discussed with Kate Lee after referral.
Also available to schools in our area:
- Thrive Approach package of support for individuals or class groups (for more information contact Outreach@themendipschool.com )
Bookable Training (Staff meetings/inset days)
- Introduction to Autism
- Autism friendly techniques in the mainstream classroom.
- Girls and Autism
- The principals of Speech and Language
- Sensory Processing
- Introduction to The Thrive Approach
- Support with Transition from classes/schools.
- Supporting parents
- Emotion coaching
- Positive behaviour strategies
For more information regarding course information/costs please contact our Outreach email Outreach@themendipschool.com
Outreach resource packages (available on request at a small charge to cover costs)
- ASD support resource pack
- Social story resource pack
- Speech and Language support pack