The Mendip School Outreach Support Service
Summary of what we do:
The fundamental aim of The Mendip School Outreach Service is to support the inclusion of mainstream students with special educational needs. Within this there is an emphasis on improving outcomes for these young people within their school setting and beyond and providing staff with the support to be confident in their approach to pupils with additional needs.
Free Support Offer:
- Complete referral form
- Observation visit and strategy/solution report
- Follow up visit.
Please contact our outreach email for a referral form – Outreach@themendipschool.com or click Referral Form TMS OUTREACH_2020 (for SENco use only)
Also available to schools in our area:
- Thrive Approach package of support for individuals or class groups (for more information contact Outreach@themendipschool.com )
Bookable Training (Staff meetings/inset days)
- Introduction to Autism
- Autism friendly techniques in the mainstream classroom.
- Girls and Autism
- The principals of Speech and Language
- Sensory Processing
- Introduction to The Thrive Approach
- Support with Transition from classes/schools.
- Supporting parents
- Emotion coaching
- Positive behaviour strategies
For more information regarding course information/costs please contact our Outreach email Outreach@themendipschool.com
Outreach resource packages (available on request at a small charge to cover costs)
- ASD support resource pack
- Social story resource pack
- Speech and Language support pack