Our Post-16 Homepage
The curriculum compromises a mixture of Life Skills, Employability Skills, Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education (PSHEE) as well as Functional Skills qualifications in Maths and English.
- Visits to further education providers/ specialised providers
- Careers advice and guidance
- Healthy lifestyle
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Extended work experience placements in the local community and School Café.
- Independence skills such as travel, cooking and cleaning your own home.
- Residential experiences
Students are able to stay in Post 16 until they reach 19 years of age although in most cases we aim to prepare them for a transition at the end of Year 12 or 13; when we hope they will feel ready to access a programme at a local Further Education College, a specialised college or even a job.Post 16 is a transitional time and we pride ourselves on setting students up for their next steps. Each student will have a personalised timetable which will include a mixture of the following:
Useful links below on the clickable picture
A range of Nationally Accredited Courses and qualifications will be offered to pupils at The Mendip School
Students at Post 16 follow a combination of the following courses:
ASDAN Employability Level 1 and 2
ASDAN Level 1 and 2 Certificate of Personal Effectiveness (CoPE)
Entry Level 3 in Maths and English
Functional Skills Level 1 and 2 Maths, English.
Careers education aims to
- develop knowledge, skills and attitudes
- inform educational and vocational choices
Post 16 have a transition plan in line with the Code of Practice
Parents can discuss their child’s career aspirations at any time.
A Connexions Personal Advisor visits the school on a regular basis. The personal Advisor works with both individual and groups of students.