Our Family Support
Parent Support – PFSA
What is a PFSA?
Parent and Family Support Advisers have been appointed to schools across Somerset to work directly with children and their mothers, fathers and carers along with other agencies and services to improve student participation and learning opportunities. The overall aim of the PFSA role is to respond to early indications that children and families could benefit from additional support.
Aims of a PFSA
- To support parents and carers.
- To strengthen communication between school and home.
- To improve pupil attendance and achievement.
- To ensure parents and carers are aware of outside agencies offering help and advice.
- To encourage parents and carers to take an active part in their child’s education and the running of their school.
- Confidential and flexible support, advice and guidance.
- Knowledge and assistance in accessing additional support services available.
- Opportunities to meet with other parents and carers through regular organised events.
Working with You
We appreciate that you know your child best and welcome working with you to achieve the best learning opportunities for your child.
We are your Parent and Family Support Adviser’s and we can be contacted by either telephone or email. Appointments can be made to see us at school, home or another location convenient to you.
Secondary PFSA Primary PFSA
Monday-Friday Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday