Do you want to work for us?
See our student vacancies below and once you’ve found a role you, like fill in this form.
Site team assistant x 2
The Mendip School have opportunities for students to join our site team.
Successful applicants will be energetic, good at following instructions and working well independently.
This post is very physical and will require of a lot of time spent outdoors.
Daily tasks will differ but are generally centres around
– fixing various equipment and furniture
– helping the site team keep our pupils and staff as safe a possible
P. E assistant/monitor x 2
The Mendip School is looking for individuals with a passion for sports and helping others.
Successful applicants will work closely with out P. E teacher (Rachel) as well as other staff members setting up for daily P. E lessons.
– maintaining the upkeep of the P. E cupboard and its equipment
– helping external visitors set up and organise various sporting activities
– assist in P. E lessons
Cafe assistant x 2
Greenfield cafe are seeking individuals with good customer service skills, pay attention to detail and hold cleanliness and hygiene
in high regard.
This dynamic role involves serving food and drinks to school staff, school visitors and the general public.
Successful applicants will have a friendly face and be well mannered as well as be able to work in a busy environment.
Daily tasks will include
– taking customer orders
– serving good
Primary classroom assistant x 5
Great opportunities for individuals who would like to pursue a career in childcare or education.
Successful applicants will be patient and caring, good at listening and work well as part of a team.
Some duties will include
– playground duties, supervising pupils at break, lunch and reward
– helping pupils In class with tasks and reading
– supervising free play
Library Assistants x 2
Mendip School are seeking 2 individuals to look after and monitor our library.
Successful applicants will need to be self motivated, organised and patient.
Daily tasks will include
-organising books (following our coding system)
-moving light furniture back after use
– hoovering a small carpeted area
-gathering books requested by staff for lessons
Food Technology Assistant Technician
A great opportunity for individuals wanting to pursue a career with food.
The Mendip School is looking for an organised individual with a passion for cooking, cleaning and helping others to be our new Food Technology assistant technician.
Although this vacancy will not be easy it will be very rewarding and will involve the individual to work as part of a small team and independently.
- Colour coding of the equipment (only needs doing once)
- Helping distribute weekly snacks to class groups on a Monday morning
- Helping weigh out ingredients for primary classes throughout the week
- Break time/lunch time cleaning and tidying of the Food and Nutrition room
- Tidying the food store room
- Managing washing and drying of aprons and tea towels.
Animal carers x 3
A great opportunity for three individuals to become animal carers within The Mendip School.
On site we have, chickens, Guinea pigs, dogs, and occasionally lambs who all need looking after.
We are looking for a pupil who love looking after animals, who are caring and who are organised.
We have a long, specific point-by-point to do list to aid successful applicants.
Examples of jobs include cleaning the chicken coops, collecting eggs, walking the dogs and making sure the coop is locked to keep the animals safe